Be on the alert for changes in performance, sounds, and visual tip-offs that indicate service is needed. Some important clues are as follows:
If you notice any of these clues, take your vehicle to your Toyota dealer as soon as possible. It probably needs adjustment or repair.
- Engine missing, stumbling, or pinging.
- Appreciable loss of power.
- Strange engine noises.
- A leak under the vehicle (however, water dripping from the air conditioner after use is normal.)
- Change in exhaust sound. (This may indicate a dangerous carbon monoxide leak. Drive with the windows open and have the exhaust system checked immediately.)
- Flat-looking tyre; excessive tyre squeal when cornering; uneven tyre wear.
- Vehicle pulls to one side when driving straight on a level road.
- Strange noises related to suspension movement.
- Loss of brake effectiveness; spongy feeling brake or clutch pedal; pedal almost touches floor; vehicle pulls to one side when braking.
- Engine temperature continually higher than normal.
- Engine continually runs hot; oil pressure gauge stays low.
Do not continue driving with the vehicle unchecked. It could result in serious vehicle damage and possibly personal injury.